One of the 99 Oji Shrines of Kumano, where Emperor Gotoba dedicated 6 silks, 150 cottons, and 3 horses. It was called one of the Minabe shrines until it was enshrined at Suga Shrine in 1890.
Ruins at the site date from the middle Yayoi period. In the precincts there is a plate monument of the Kamakura period and a well where the legendary figure Oguri Hangan drank water.
Address : Oji-shrine Kitado Minabe-town Hidaka-gun , Wakayama
Phone number : 0739-74-8787